Pain in the vagina adult content

I am 36 weeks, dilating, and 50% effaced, and have lost the mucus plug. I keep getting these weird stabbing pains inside of my vagina. It almost takes my breath away. And my husband thinks the way I stand when it happens looks funny. But it really hurts! and sometimes it's in my vagina and a little in my clit (mostly when walking). It's really annoying and I have no idea what it is. Can someone help me out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If your 50% and having these pains I'd go to the hospital. I can't imagine your having fun in all that pain, and it just seems painful. Then again I'd wonder about how long it's went on too. Like if it's been just 5 minutes then I'd say wait just about another 20 minutes or so, see if it goes away. If not get your behind to the er.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 11:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would call labor & Delivery and tell them what's going on

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Could just be the baby stretching out, and putting pressure your your vagina (your clitoris wraps around your vagina, so it makes sense the sensation would sometimes be there, too). Give L&D a call and see what they suggest. I doubt it's much to worry about, but I could be wrong. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010