I want to know why

Why is hitting wrong in every other area of life, if a man hits a women, if a kid hits another kid at school, if a kid hits a parent, if i hit someone at a store, if i hit someone at a bar, etc. - hitting is never acceptable and im sure everyone would agree with that. but suddenly, if a child doesnt listen, its acceptable to you that the parent hit them? whats the difference? nobody deserves to get hit! especially not a child!

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 11:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I totally agree!!! the child who gets hit stops doing what they are doing out of fear not discipline!

Answer by older at 11:48 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't spank because I don't like the action, but you got it all wrong. You're comparing absolutely different things here.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 11:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• enough with that! I don't hit but I don't look down on people who do. I can manage with other methods of discipline but some people can't. Stop judging!!
    I also don't want my daughter sleeping in the same room with my other daughter. I think my kids deserve privacy. Does this mean other people are wrong because they make their kids share a room?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Spanking is SO different. You mean to tell me that me touching my daughter's butt in an angry manner and a man beating the hell out of a woman is the same thing?
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I believe in spanking and I have 7 kids- 2 of them are adults and they turned out BEAUTIFULLY. You can't tell me these young adults used to get beat up like a woman gets beat up by a man!!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• whatever drama starter! When a man hits a woman, it is violent and generally in the face for one, but to spank on the butt is not the same, so let it go, or go home
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't agree. Hitting is acceptable in some instances, organized sports??? or if an adult belittles or hurts my child??? Defense???
    If someone harms a family member???<---well more than hitting would take place Someone calls me Ni!@er??? I'm sure there is more.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have never hit my child because time outs work for me. But of course spanking is not the same with the rest of the actions listed in your question.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 12:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If you don't like it then don't do it. What's with all the drama?
    evie-1006

Answer by evie-1006 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• For me because the Bible says that if you love your children, that is the way you should discipline them. The difference is, parents who spank hit with love. We don't want to run the risk of a timeout threat to fail if it involves our baby getting ran ove r by a car. It is, of course, all about personal preference.
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 12:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010