What do you really think of our Government?

I am really, really disappointed, with BOTH parties. I honestly feel like our government officials do not have the best interest of the average American citizen at heart. There is just so much wrong IMO.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It's a joke. The whole thing needs to be scrapped. The corruption, the downright evil that has been done around the world for the last 50-plus years...it makes me ill to think about the US sanctioned massacre in East Timor, the CIA murders of democratically elected leaders...seriously, it needs to be done away with.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Mostly true but I'll give the Republicans a chance to prove they mean what they say. Hopefully the ultra conservatives in congress now will be able to steer them in the right direction should they stray.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I only get 940 characters in this box.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• In the words of my husband, the government is "ate up from the floor up."

Neither parties stand for liberty anymore. Did you know that the modern day Democrats evolved from Thomas Jefferson's Republicans?? The party that promoted state sovereignty. The party that embraced individualism and not collectivist ideologies like socialism. The party that wanted to keep the federal government the LEAST powerful entity so it would be less likely to run a muck? They also tirelessly fought Alexander Hamilton's central banking system. The modern day Republicans evolved from the Wig party, who desired a strong central government and a central banking system. There also wasn't JUST two parties. There were several parties. The government that we have now is NOTHING like what we used to have.

And for the record .... I'm not anti-government. I'm pro-limited government governed by a Constitution.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The whole thing needs to be scrapped.

It doesn't need to be scrapped. We just need to return to the Constitution.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• eh...its become flawed. too many hands in the cookie jar and not enough cookies (im talking politicians)...the all want there little agenda's put in the forefront, the all want to be famous & well-known, they are all out of touch, and not a single one has the citizens best interests at heart. ya know, its not the government thats flawed...its the ppl who keep running that are flawed.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010