Since we're discussing those honorable TSA agents

Exactly who DO you think is running these machines and doing the groin check?
http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2010-10-11/lawsuit-airport-search-indecent

"An Amarillo woman is suing the federal government for intentional infliction of emotional distress after Transportation Security Administration agents allegedly humiliated the woman when her breasts were publicly exposed during an "extended search" two years ago at a Corpus Christi airport."

Sure, it could happen accidentally, right?  But that still doesn't justify this:

"TSA employees continued to joke and laugh about the incident for an extended period of time. The woman was distraught over the incident and left the screening area so an acquaintance could console her, the suit said.

When the woman re-entered the boarding area, employees once again began joking about the matter, the suit said.

"One male TSA employee expressed to the plaintiff that he wished he would have been there when she came through the first time and that 'he would just have to watch the video,'" the suit said."

Still not care if you are being used as an object during the screening? (Aside from our resident exhibitionists who love the idea of everyone looking at them so much they don't care if it traumatizes rape victims or others with legitimate reasons to remain covered)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Rape victims, victims of molestation, people who have been through traumatic events and have physical scars that they hide on a daily basis. People with religious beliefs that prevent them from being seen naked by any one but their husband (there are several).

Women who are being used as pornography material without their knowledge or consent (or even the pay check that goes with it!).

The little girl screaming for the TSA agent to stop touching. The agent didn't stop. She did not consent.

This is just...appalling. Period. I can't believe there are women standing up for the violation of other women.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• There have also been instances where a man was poked fun of for having a small penis to the point where he actually lost it, and an agent photographed a coworker going through the machine, not to mention the leaked photos.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• What about the fact that there are/have been registered sex offenders working for the TSA?

How are they going to handle passengers with special needs? I have a friend with an autistic 15 yr old. He has flown many times without incident. She isn't going to fly with him anymore though because he cannot stand to be touched. It causes a meltdown.

I can't decide what I find more repulsive..............the scanner/pat downs or the women that would willingly submit themselves and their children to them..............all because someone told them it was in the name of SAFETY. What else are they going to be willing to submit to? It just gives me the shivers.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

It's not even part of the screening. A woman I know escaped a viciously abusive husband (abusive in every category) years ago. She learned a few years ago through family that he is now employed as a screener by the TSA. If you look up misogynist in the dictionary you'll find his picture, and now he gets to spend his day feeling up the women he despises so much in any manner he sees fit, because his job says it's ok.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Criteria for becoming an Transportation Safety Officer

• Have reached his/her 18th birthday at the time of application submission;

• Be proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, and listening);

• Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; OR

• Have at least one year of full-time work experience in security work, aviation screener work, or X-ray technician work.

• Seems well qualified! (sarcasm)

LINK

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I'm horrified! I would be going to jail if a TSA agent made fun of my breasts after a patdown... because I would slap him/her. Repeatedly.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's not even part of the screening. A woman I know escaped a viciously abusive husband (abusive in every category) years ago. She learned a few years ago through family that he is now employed as a screener by the TSA. If you look up misogynist in the dictionary you'll find his picture, and now he gets to spend his day feeling up the women he despises so much in any manner he sees fit, because his job says it's ok.
    _________________
    that's nauseating.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• That happened TWO years ago? I guess there has always been a problem with TSA employees huh? I suspected that none of them are exactly geniuses. You don't have to be too smart to get a job like that. They LOOK dumb too. HAve you ever really looked at them? LOL.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• NP, that is awful. I hadn't thought of that scenario yet.............thanks a lot!!!! Now I have even more shivers!

I had to go through a bigger security check to be a volunteer at school. I had to go through an FBI background check to teach my church class.....yet we aren't checking these people. So sad.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Here's another one that makes the open road look so very desirable:

TSA Forces Cancer Survivor to Show Prosthetic Breast:

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13534628

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.