• In the Spotlight:

To have another baby or not...

This is kind of a vent more than anything, but any advice would be welcome also.
Our DS is already 4, and I had never planned to wait this long in between each child, but here it is, 4 yrs.. I kind of had all these plans, and things I wanted done before I had another baby, like lose th majority of baby weight from the 1st baby, but that hasnt happened. Get a college education, hasnt happened..But now the time has come where our son will be going to school, he is potty trained, sleeps through the night. He was a great baby. I had no problems during pregnancy, i didnt get any stretch marks, no morning sickness. He was always a quiet baby, slept through the night pretty early on. He is just a great kid. Now I am so scared to start all over again.. I dont know if I can do another deployment, only with 2 kids this time. ugh man.. and my husband just says if you want one I do too..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wow that is a tough one. I think that if you got pregnant you would over joyed about it. but making the decision too is tough. I know you aren't looking for an "answer" but I really don't have one anyways. :) it sounds kind of like... "if it isn't broke don't fix it... " in a way being that everything has been so great so far, what if you start over and this time it is much different? Well I don't think that it would make you unhappy in any way if that were the case it would just be a different experience.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 12:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well lots of people have a 4 o 5 yr space between kids. But if you want another then I would do it now........(although I have a friend who as 15yrs between hers)
    remember all babies are diffenernt but i think if your first was good then the chances are your 2nd wil be too.
    g/l
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 12:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well at least your hubby is supportive :) I can't say much because I don't have kids yet but it would probably be a good time since ds is going to school. You'll only have to deal with one kid during the day while he's in school.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 12:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• oh and for me personally I want lots of kids so I would still have another regardless of the age difference. But everyone is different on how many kids they want so that has to be up to you. What does your son think? does he want a little brother or sister? does he talk about it. I know I hated being an only child it was not until my mom remarried and had got a step brother and step sister and later a 1/2 brother (13 years younger than me) that I was no longer an only child and I always wished it was sooner than that. I never got to be close to anyone or share things with them like other kids my age.
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 12:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010