Is 6 years too much of an age gap for siblings?

My husband and I are planning to get pregnant around the end of this summer (2009) and have a baby in spring of 2010, by that time our son will be 6 years that too much of an age gap?

Asked by scaruso08 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• "Too much" how? If you guys are ready for another child, then go for it. Your kiddo will adjust. I have a little brother 23 years younger than me. :-)

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My kids are 13, 5 and 3. They are very close.

Answer by mompam at 1:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My brother is eight years older than me, so no, I think six years is a perfect age gap =]

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think thats up to you. I remember back in school my bf was 17 and her mom was prego with hwr 2nd. So thats up to you and your dd

• my kids are 19 years apart! Since the oldest lives in another state, the little one doesn't really understand she has an older sister, they are now , 4 and 23

Answer by sylvia-ann at 3:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think the only thing worse than having kids too far apart is having them when your not prepared. (PS there is no such thing as too far apart ;)) Thats my way of saying if you think its best to wait who cares if your kids are six years apart. The older may have a harder time adjusting since they will feel more like an only child by the time the new baby comes but in the end they will adjust just fine and probably love being an older sibling more than someone who is closer in age (the need to compete for mom and dads attention) sound like yuo guys got it well thought out.

Answer by humaniterian87 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My boys are 10 years apart and they are very close. We are wanting to have another but I kinda like the age gap thing so we are going to wait awhile longer.

Answer by treyco at 3:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• my kids are 22 18 15 3 and 2. They are as close as any sibs can be. All you need is love!

Answer by salexander at 8:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2008