Moms who went to a University to pursue a degree...

Would you try for another baby in the middle of your college career, if you already have a 2 year old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• or...

...you could hold off school until the kids are old enough to make it more convenient.

The real question is about priority: Is it more important to have your children's ages close, or to get your degree ASAP?

Also consider what your family picture will be like if you wait on the next child v/s waiting on the degree. Look at job prospects now and at your time of graduation in each scenario. Really PLAN it out, and discuss it with your husband. Your goals and what you're willing to sacrifice to reach them should be driving your answer. Good Luck. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I had my first two while I was student. It took me 6 years instead of 4. I am so thankful that I did it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't TRY but it wouldn't be so bad if it happened. Do you have help? If you do, then I guess you would have time for everything but if I were you I would wait a couple of years. GL!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my SS is going to be three next weekend, im 5 months pregnant and I am working and going to school full time for my masters degree....
    jturner46

Answer by jturner46 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well my dh and I are both students. I go FT, as many units as I can handle, and he usually cuts off at about 9-12 units because he has to work. We have never used a child care or even a babysitter. So I guess that's the hard part. And then I would have to pump again. I keep talking myself out of it. Once I get to the I will have to pump part, and I remember the stress of that, I usually lean toward not having #2 until I am done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010