Gracefully bow out or suck it up and go anyhow.... lunch TODAY! Advice please??

Okay - I helped a lady decorate her annual Thanksgiving table (for her church lunch today). I went over yesterday and decorated - with rave reviews , Yay! pat me on the back. LOL But I wasn't feeling well then, and I didn't say anything. And of course she invited me to come have lunch with them today.

Last night I was in bed by 8 with fever, stuffed nose, headache. DH said I was burning up with fever when he came to bed about 11 last night. Woke up this morning still stuffed, eyes gunked up with crud, still have that headache , still running fever, have a cough & still feel like crap (even more than yesterday).

Lunch is supposed to be at 12:15 --- about an hour from now --- but I don't want to do anything but go back to bed.

What should I do here? I don't want to let her down, she's a sweet lady and a sweet friend. But I really feel sick and haven't even had the energy yet to get in the shower.

Y'all help?? What should I do? (in JFF cuz I didn't know where else to put it)

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 12:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am sure she will understand- you can't control being sick! Go back to bed- Hope you feel better:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Stay home. You cannot expose others. They will understand and appreciate.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• call her
    let her know your house is sick
    and you do not want to spend it to others

she will thank you
    who wants a sick-o around, especially when eating!!

ps= feel better!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Stay home - you are obviously sick.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Let her down? You're sick, stay in bed. If she doesn't understand, she isn't the sweet lady you think she is.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would stay home so you don't risk getting anyone esle sick!
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 12:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Stay home. You don't want to be spreading that stuff around. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Anyone who would not understand your situation is a lunatic. Tell her that you are sick as hell and you will do something else at another time. GET SOME REST!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 12:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If she is a real friend she will understand and I think she would rather you stay home than go and spread the germs.

Answer by older at 12:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• call her and let her know im sure she will understand. besides im sure she really doesnt want you to spread it around nor does she want to get it. both my kids have the same thing right now thankfully on the tail end but my oldest hasnt gone to school all week and one day i did try to send her they sent her home and found out that 5 out of the 12 kids were all out with the same thing.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010