Ever wonder if this would happen in the check out line???

My Dad thought of this and says this all the time when we are in the grocery ( the few rare times we've met up at the stores )

Say you are in the 12 ITEMS OR LESS check out.

You have 15-25 items and lay them on the conveyer. The cashier starts scanning them thru and when she grabs item 12.......an alarm goes off!

My Dad one time was in front of me and the cashier waves him over and he says,"I've got more than 12 items" and the cashier says," It's OK Sir."

My Dad puts his things on the conveyer and then says,"An alarm is not gonna go off when you scan my 13th item now will it? The 12 items or less police won't be here to get me will they?"

My Dad is such a nut! He is 78 by the way! Still hilarious as ever!

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 12:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• laughing

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• That's too funny. Your dad sounds fun. Sometimes I wish there was an alarm, when i have three things and the person in front of me has 30!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Again...this is one of those things where there are way to many real issues in the world to worry about than to get upset over bullshit like this.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Cute.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My SO is a manager at a grocery store, sometimes he has to do cashiering. If someone gets in line with more than the designated amount he said if the store is busy he will send them to another line, so he can get to the people with less items. He said one time he asked "Which 15 items would you like me to ring up" lol
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• haha I love old people!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I always thought that too. Or, once she scanned the 13th item, she would tell you she is not authorized to ring up more items, so you'd have to either cancel the order or check the other items out at a different cash register! LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Haha!! I never getinto that line either unless invited, and I do the same, make sure they know I have more than 15 items. LOL
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I often thought about what would happen if you got into line with more items than you are supposed to. It takes someone like your dad to make that thought really funny. I love your dad. LOL
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I hate when its one of the "quick checkout" lines and there are people there with a full cart.....I think your dad has it right....there should be an alarm haha. I told someone in front of me before that they need to go to another line because they have way to many items for that line.....If i wanted to stand there all day then I would have went into another line...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010