Is anyone doing the Gerber Life Insurance for their LO?

Just wondering. I have received tons of information from them.

tns11

Asked by tns11 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have and my parents bought one for me when I was born.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It's a bad waste of your money. If you really want actual life insurance, it's super cheap from actual insurance companies, and if you want a savings account, then just open one..LOL
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• We have it. It is cheaper than the life insurance my husband's work offers.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No, I've thought about it and I'm hearing its a scam. I'm considering a regular insurance company for my son.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Its a waste of money to buy life insurance on a child. If you think you are doing it so they can get insurance easier as an adult, really its uncommon for someone to be denied unless they have a fatal illness. Life insurance is meant to replace the lost income of a working adult. If you are thinking its a good tax free way to save for college actually the 529 plan is intended for that purpose.
    Here's a good link: http://money.cnn.com/2005/04/05/pf/expert/ask_expert/index.htm

Anonymous

• Life Insurance plans for children are a rip-off. Children do not bring income into the family. If you want it for, heaven forbid, burial expenses just in case, get a rider on your own policy.
    blg119

Answer by blg119 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2009