My laundry detergent makes me do a double rinse.

I am a powder user; preferably Gain. I have had no problems with using a little Gain powder and the no-requirement for a 2nd rinse.

I bought some Tide liquid on sale last week or so. I have to do a double rinse, per load, wasting that much more water than I had intended to use in the first place.

Now, I do not know if it is due to the washer being old or the type of detergent I am using. I have used less than recommended with the same results.

Any advice would be great. Maybe I should just leave the Tide alone all together? Leave Liquid detergents alone overall?

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 12:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If you have a problem using the liquid, I'd just stop using it and go back to powder.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think it is the liquid I also prefer powder
    CarlieJS

Answer by CarlieJS at 12:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I always use the liquid kind and never have a problem. I sometimes buy what is on sale and with a coupon but my over all favorite is all deogant dye free.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have never had that problem with liquid detergent. Could the washer be overloaded?
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am using Tide Cold water. This is what stumps me. It, too, is FREE.
    I have used other liquids but, they were of a lesser brand and they did not leave massive suds behind. Arm and Hammer was one of them. Now, I have not used Gain in the liquid and they are made from the same company: P&G. (Tide and Gain).
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am doing loads that allow the clothing to aggitate and move freely. I have put the detergent in first, prior to clothing and I have waiting until it filled, let washer aggitate detergent in and then added clothing. SAME results!
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think that is what I am going to do.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010