my 8 month old started coughing and sneezing and non stop crying out of nowhere he suddenly had a lot of mucus too. is this an allergic reaction to something?

Ariexis

Asked by Ariexis at 1:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well has anything changed at all. certain foods, meds, even laundry detergant. It could be a number of things or just a cold...I always say if your in the least bit confused call the docter lol...good luck hope everything is ok
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 3:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Could be anything. I would take her to the doctor to rule out an ear infection or bacteria infection. If she has a cold there is not much you can do. You can use saline drops and a bulb syringe to clear her nose out, and Tylenol for any fever. Good luck.
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think it's called a "cold".
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Usually allergic reactions cause rashes. My son was allergic to a few things and he didnt cough or sneeze, he just got a rash.
    StaceeyL

Answer by StaceeyL at 8:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008