Why do MIL's think....?

I am speaking from my own experience and just wanted to know if anyone else has the same experience. Why do they think their sons should do everything for them and when they do something for their own wife the MIL thinks that you are some type of svengali that is controlling her son?

mamax4our

Asked by mamax4our at 12:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• my mil is nice with me and she knows that if she is asking for help from her son that I get treated with the utmost respect and get treated like a daughter. I absolutely love her!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have No Idea but, hopefully, it is a Lesson Learned to Us & when we become MIL's; our DIL's will Never say that about Us-LOL!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• LOL daisy so true!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• can i kiss you? its the same here!!! "tony come fix my roof, take out my garbage fix my car. ect ect.." but i ask him to clean my car or help with dishes and im a controling bi*ch!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• IDK but what my son gets married I could imagine how I will feel. When I become a MIL, I might be the same way, or I think I will be a super suck up to the wife, so I can be around my son all of the time. LOL
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Wow sounds like my MIL. My MIL can't stand me, thinks I took her son from her. Apparently I'm very bad person and not good enough to him when it's the other way around. Her son is so corrupted he thinks he can do or say anything he wants to me and get away with it. I have finally realized I'm to good for her son. She can have him.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My MIL is a b**ch, she felt that I'm not good enough for her son!
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 1:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My current mother in law never acts like this.
    Now my former MIL......
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010