at what age did you start potty training your baby boy? How long before he got it?

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 12:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• i started around his second birthday, and he finally caught on right before his third birthday. no, we did not work on it daily for a year - we would try for a while then stop for a while, try for a while and stop for a while. once he caught on he was fully day and night trained within 4 days.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I potty trained my 3 boys between 1and a half and 2 years of age. I literally let them walk around the house with just a shirt on ( no diaper, no pull-up, no underwear). You have to keep your eye on them so that they don't go into a corner and crap in your flower pot (speaking from experience ). It is time consuming but it works alot quicker than the pull-ups. You will begin to notice how they act when they have to go. And with nothing to go in, they will want to go to the potty. Only use the diapers or pull-ups when you go out somewhere. The more they get used to going to the potty/toilet, the more they will do it.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 12:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• we tried at 2.. he screamed the whole time.. we tried at 2.5 and it was done in 3 days and he was night trained on his own around 3.5 he hasnt had an accident in almost a year and hes only 4.5
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• With my oldest we started around 15 months - and he was nearly 4 before he actually got it down.
    With the lil one we waited til he was 2 1/2 and it took about 2 months to fully train him.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Oldest was 2.5 years old when we started and he got it within 2 weeks. Our second son was three months older when he got it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I trained my son around 2 years of age and he was trained at about 3 months
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We started around 2 with all 3 boys, but the first one was about 3, the 2nd about 3 1/2, and the 3rd nearly 4 when they were each potty trained.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010