Lite Brite or Candy Land (4 1/2 yr old little girl)?

I am debating on these 2 Christmas items for my DD. I cannot decide on getting either one or..both?!? I played with them as a child and this year, I wanted to do it a little different with less toys and more books, etc.

Let me know what YOU would pick for your child!

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 12:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids have this game that they love and are actually playing it right now. It's called Zingo.......Bingo with a Zing. Nothing to tear up or eat and nothing has been lost from it yet :) They also have a DVD Bingo game that is really fun and instead of the little bingo pieces, I have them use dry erase markers to mark what they have.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I like the lite bright if just her. The game if she had someone to play with.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• we have both and my daughter loves both :) The only thing is with the Lite Bright, it comes with papers, but when they are out, the papers are hard to find! I usually cut white paper for my daughter to make her own shapes and she's happy with that, but its not the same.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Depends on her maturity level I suppose. I couldnt imagine getting my 4 year old either one of these items because the pieces would all be lost or torn up within a matter of hours on Christmas day lol Especially the little pegs that go with the light brite! But if I had to choose just one id say probably the light bright..I think it'd be more fun for her =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• $20 and apparently there are different versions.

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=zingo&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&ref=sr_bx_1_1
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Lite Bright
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• She has a 1 1/2 yr old brother than tears a lot up. Its hard for her to do games due to him trying to "play" with her. I worry about the pieces of the Lite Bright getting lost and him "taste testing" them out. I worry that if I get the Candyland, he will loose them and tear her board up. She has to have strong sturdy toys if he is roaming around.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• She is really interested in Games and Books. Maybe someone out there has another..suggestion?
    CandyHorse

• candy land
    lite bright if you have no littler ones at home (due to small pieces)
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 12:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• ohh yeah with a baby brother i would nix both ideas, unless she can do them when he is napping? what about getting her a scrap book kit? or kits to make paper flowers or somthing.. still creative but not such a big deal if brother gets one and tears it up?
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010