What do you do with your kids on a normal day?

My MIL asked me this today, and it got under my skin...Well my day is pretty full, and I sure would like other people to see that. My house is clean, my kids are clean, they have a very high iq, my 2 yr old can read, so apparently that's taken time out of our daily life. Just frustrates me thats all. SAHM's are more busy than anyone, I swear!

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 12:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol i just let them play. i read clean and cook... and if they want me to i play with them.. but usually im banned since im a "gurl" as my 4.5 year old says
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 12:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• On school days they go to school and then homework, ready for school the next day. But on weekends they play or bake cookies. I do chores and then read. I kids are 9,7, and 5. On a normal day they make puzzles. I do agree with you about people thinking stay at home mom do nothing and get that from my husband. I cook dinner, shop, laundry, strip beds, dishes, take care of the girls, bills, letters to grandparents, vaucmn, clean two bathrooms. do not let anyone tell you that you do nothing cause you do. Your doing the most important job and that is being there for your kids. I do not work since I want to be here if they need me for anything.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• reading time, number time, learn shapes and colors, play outside. Then he goes down for a nap. Thats when in 2 hrs i clean my house. he wakes up run errands play at the park come home watch a kid show eat dinner play some ball bath and bed time
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 12:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I started telling people that I did nothing all day and the kids ran wild and took care of themselves. That the only time I got off the couch was to let the housekeeper, cook, babysitter and lawn man in. This usually put an end to the conversation and they didn't ask me again.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010