Would you continue to share the recipes if this happens?

My MIL and SIL's wrote out all their family recipes for me when I married into their family. My MIL is the best cook ever so I was thrilled to have all the recipes. Now, I bring a lot of these dishes to my family get togethers and my sisters and SIL ask for the recipes. I don't mind sharing them but when the next family get together comes along they decide to bring these dishes leaving me having to come up with other dishes to bring. I do take it as a compliment but feel I should have first dibs at bringing my DH's family recipes to functions. Would you stop sharing your recipes?

tony1638

Asked by tony1638 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• That's why you don't tell anyone that one special dish you love to make. Mama's Secret Recipe. And there is no shame in having one in each food catagory....dessert, entree, sides, and even punch. If they don't like it let them experiment and figure it out for themselves.
    graced716

Answer by graced716 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If you enjoy the recipes I see nothing wrong keeping them to yourself. I mean it is hard enough trying to find recipes for any fuction.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Personally I'd seek new recipes just to try out new ones anyway. You know the old ones are great so let them use them and find some great new stuff.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't know. I see the dilemma. I think you should just keep finding new amazing things to bring so you keep getting the compliments!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't share all my recipes. Just some of them.
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 2:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010