anyone read the true blood books? Did you like them? Do you watch the tv show? if so whats better?

what age dp you feel is old enough to read them? Or watch the show?

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 12:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• I've read all the books and watched all the shows so far. The books are much better IMO but the show is good too...just different. I think you need to be over 18 to watch the show b/c it is so screwed up and the sex description in the book is pretty detailed too so I'd say you need to be an adult for both.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I prefer the show myself, but I watched it before I read the books. I agree with MommyH2, you definitely need to be an adult... depending on your strictness as a parent, I'd say AT LEAST 15 or 16, but with the last season I'd say older. Watch it first before you let anyone who's underaged. Great series though!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have read the books and watched the show. I enjoy both, but they are much different. Really I would say 17 or older for the show...very gratuitous violence and sex scenes-sometimes at the same time.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes, I have read all the books and for the first time I actually like the show better than the books. In the books Sookie is only with Bill for a short time, but to you may like them!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 3:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I watch and I read the books. As long as you accept them as alternate versions of the same basic story, they're both great. (ex. in the books, Lafayette was the dead body found in the back of Andy's car. In the show, it was someone else because they wanted to keep Lafayette around.)

For the show, I'd wait till adulthood. It's pretty sexually and violently graphic. The books, maybe late teens, depending on the maturity of the reader.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2010