Cleaning out the toy box prior to Christmas...

I am debating on cleaning it out or not. I did this a few months back but, they have so much! And, they will get more come the Holiday.

Anyone doing this?

CandyHorse

Asked by CandyHorse at 12:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• I'd do it before the holiday, that way, if you have any toys to give away, you can donate them to needy kids who don't have the luxury of getting new toys. :)
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 12:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do it every year. I try to teach my kids that all children don't have a Xmas like they do. I tell them that we need to do anything we can to help those less fortunate. We pick all of the toys, clean them, and give them to people that we know or donate them somewhere. We also do that for coats and boots, since they get new ones every year. When you care about other people and their situations, you will always have blessings.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 12:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We do it every year. We do it over Thanksgiving weekend. My 4 year old loves the idea of giving his toys to kids that don't have any. He is too cute, he is even trying to give away his blankets and books too.

Last year we posted a bunch of toys on freecycle and one of the people that responded was having a really hard time, he husband had just lost his job and they were really struggling. It was such a nice feeling to help someone so down on their luck.

DO IT! You will be glad you did.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I did a big clean out before my 1 year old's birthday in September and then we just did another one today. I let my 3 year old pick what she wants to get rid of and she is really good about it. We don't have the room to keep all the toys plus get more (they get a lot of toys for christmas). I donate all the old ones to a local charity.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do it at Christmas and birthdays. We just donated to grocery bags full to our church's Christmas box project.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 1:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do it every year...we just cleaned out in august but it needs done again
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think it's a great idea

Answer by admckenzie at 12:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I figure I would donate what they no longer needed.
    CandyHorse

Comment by CandyHorse (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I really want to do this. I just have a hard time getting rid of things. Suggestions?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Always a great idea. It a great tie of year to make room for the new and donate the old toys that are still in good condition to places like good will or children's homes so they can have a good Holiday to. Help's everyone out this time of year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010