How do you decorate your kitchen for Christmas

is there a christmas in there, do you dercorate the cabinets.......... I'm thinking about buying that tinsel garland and adding some lights and hanging along the cabinets and placing some gifts (Empty wrapped boxes , different sizes ) and place it on top of the cabinet space......... now what color lights you think Multi or Colored or a Solid colors and the best thing about all this except for the lights all the rest can be bought at a Dollar Store.......... what you think ladies, give me some suggestions , i hope others use this idea

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 12:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• I do the kitchen in snow men. I have towels, potholders, table cloths. I also have a shelf with some snowmen too. And a pretty basket with poinsettia's and lights!
    I like your ideas 1lovelyangel, go for lit. I think I would do colored lights!
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I take down our roosters and put up angels and Santas and change out the kitchen towels to Christmas motifs.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Your ideas sound great. I think solid color lights would look prettier in the kitchen, but its what you like. I've been wanting to put a small tree on my counter, but so ffar havent done that. I need to get busy and get in the spirit.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• lol. We only decorate the living room! Oh, and the outside last year.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• good...lol
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• @duck thanks
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I set out the Christmas cookie jar...and I entwine white light in fake greenery and place it on top of my cabinets. I also will have a tree in there and the eat-in kitchen table will be decorated with a table cloth that matches the Christmas dishes and serving pieces.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 4:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• @queen, sounds beautiful
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• @chris219,thanks, and i had been thinking about adding a little snow men decor around the house too
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2010