Did she behave well

I have a neighbor/friend,sometimes she babysits my three kids, free of charge. she has two kids,11 and 7 when I was pregnant with baby number four, she scolded me and lied to me that she was taking pills, but I later discovered that she's trying to conceal the fact that she's finding it difficult to conceive another baby.
Last month, she helped me to organize a party, but trickily diverted some food and drinks to her house. Mind you, they are very rich!

She's very fond of my baby. Yesterday, I went somewhere and I left the baby in my nanny's care. when I came home (I was gone for about two hours),to my surprise, my nanny informed me that immediately I left the house,my neighbor came and took the baby, so I quickly asked her to go and get the baby so that I can breastfeed him. My neighbor called me to inform me that he was sleeping but would bring him in one/two hours time . It was late, when she brought him and my breasts were engorged and painful .

joysweet

Asked by joysweet at 12:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• ...why would she go take the baby from your nanny? thats weird
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Why are you participating in this drama and endangering your children?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Your nanny? No, she did not behave well. Your employee should never allow a neighbor - or anyone else - to take your child without your express permission. It sounds as if you've been careless with this for a while, or else the neighbor would have known that this wasn't ok.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 12:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Holy cow. Red flags.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• WTF? None of them behaved well. The neighbor sound like a psycho, so cut her loose ASAP! Cut that nanny loose too because there is no way in hell she should have let her come and take your baby. Especially if you did not say it was okay. Did you cuss the nanny out for that or is she still on your payroll and letting people kidnap your baby?
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 1:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Your neighbor sounds NUTS!!!! When someone asks for their child back, you should take them BACK!! I would have marched my happy little ass over to her house and took my baby back. She had no right to come and get him like that.

Your nanny should never have let her take him. You left him in the nanny's care and if something happened to him, she is responsible! You need to put them both in their place.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Take control of your life. Why would you allow yourself to be put into pain for a neighbor's whim? Don't let her bully you. Tell her she's not to take the child from the nanny. If you wanted her watching the child you would have taken him to her house.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No she didn't behave well, unless you told her she could do this.

Answer by older at 1:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• This is on you. Your home, your child, your nanny, your rules. If the nanny can't follow appropriate safety rules, let her go.

But really? If you have a nanny, why is your neighbor "babysitting your three kids free of charge"? Can anyone say MAKES NO SENSE?
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 1:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Why would you allow your neighbor to keep your sleeping child? If you judged it to be time to feed your child, why didn't you? Why didn't you take control of the situation? Why would a "nanny" had off a child to a neighbor? Why would a mother who has a "nanny" need a neighbor to babysit? And why would you ask the "nanny" to go and get the child so you could feed him, when there is no reason you couldn't have done this yourself? If this scenario is real, then you've let the entire situation go unchecked - and that is your responsibility - so I'd say that you didn't behave well at all.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 1:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010