Off chance?

My boyfriend and I were talking, about everything, and breaking up came up. We had just finished watching 500 days of Summer. He said that he didn't want to break up, and on the off chance it ever did happen he hoped it would end well. What does off chance mean? I googled the term and it said slight probability but I'm curious for other input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• It means there is a chance of it happening.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's a fair hypothetical question meaning "if". Possible but not probable if the relationship is a healthy one so don't worry.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• There is probably more of a chance that you will break up than you will stay together.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Means if. Maybe you can tell him what you want in the future (possibly marriage?).
    Anonymous

• I think you should forget CM and ask him how he feels about the relationship, in the off chance that you are over thinking some mindless remark your boyfriend made!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• well it means it could very well happen.....if by chance it does at least he gave you a small heads up about it.....good luck sweetie
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010