Does anyone have a fluffy kitty & the poop sticks to their butts?

I am kinda at a loss with her. She poops & the poops sticks to her butt. I would love to get her groomed, but can't afford it right now. I think I am going to trim her backside, IF she lets me. It is so gross when I find poop on the RUG!!!!!!!!!!!

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 1:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pets

• Call vets office and see if they can do a 'sanitary trim' our off ice offers them for 10-15 dollars depending on how bad it is.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i used to have this problem with one of my kitties years back and i would trim the hair with a regular pair of sissors and it worked just fine
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We used to have to wash our kitty's lower half occasionally. She wasn't a fan, but it got the poop off. I know it's worse in the winter. I think the "sanitary trim" is a great idea.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Put vaseline on her fur so it won't stick. I'm just kidding! No idea..good luck.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 1:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have in the past and what I have done is give them a "trap door" I shave that area down so that does not happen.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Just trim that butt hair .
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I had a pair of scissors which weere affectionately referred to as the "cat ass trimmers". Just trim it off. if you have to, wrap her in a towel like a burrito so she can't squirm.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010