pregnancy and divorce

so i havent been with my husband for almost four months now. he said he wanted divorced and didnt send papers so i fnally did it myself and now he wont sign. funny right? im not happy but i think hes doin it cuz he thinks hell have more rights to my baby (im almost 6 months) if were still married. my lawyer told me thats not the case at all though so when the babys born and he wants me to sign i wont for the whole 2 years. im so mad right now. his parents lied to the delivery guy and said he moved and they dont know where to find him. why would he do this? he said he never wanted to see me again yet he wont sign...i dont get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, you should actually move away if ur scared he'll take the baby and I know he's te father but I would. Usually they have to find something wrong with you like, no job, no house, no money, testing positive for drugs, anything. This would be some reasons why they'd take the baby. If you breastfeed it will be even better for them to not take the baby too, I don;t know.
    Anonymous

• You don't have to make him sign the papers. Your lawyer should have told you that. You send the papers to the last known address. He has 30 days to file an appearance with the court. If he doesn't within 30 days then they will issue a divorce by default. I went thru this with my ex. He wouldn't sign the papers or anything. It's actually easier that way because if he doesn't contest it or show up in court, then the judge can order alimony, child support and any marital property to you and he lost his right to fight it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• she said if he doesnt sign, i have to wait 2 years in our state.
    Anonymous

• he would have to prove you truely unfit to take the child im 16 and my son is almost 1 year old!i had just turned 15 when he was born and even though we are still together i looked into it to make sure nothing would happen..and if you havent given birth to the baby yet and you are worried just dont put him on the birth certificate!you can still give the baby his last name but you dont have to put him on it!!
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 2:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• im def not putting him on it and i dont want the baby to have his last name at all. i have a feeling he wont be around much. hes already said hed give up rights...hes not gonna pay child support and barely get to see the baby for a lil while (im breast feeding) and the lawyer said he wont get overnights until the baby starts eating solid foods. its a waste of money to him. his new gf threatens me alot so i called the cops last week...he does drugs and has a million speeding tickets and his mom is crazy so i really dont want my baby around them.
    Anonymous

• I'm in a similar situation right now w/ the BF of my older two. He wants nothing to do w/ them in any way and doesn't want to (and hasn't) have to pay a dime for either of them, but won't sign his rights over to let my dh legally adopt them. I don't get it either.
    Anonymous