is this normal?

so is it normal for a puppy to twitch while they sleep? and not just little twitches she looks like shes convulsing. is this normal? its kinda scary.

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pets

• Its normal for them to twitch when they dream, etc. Just as a human does. I would not worry unless she is foaming at the mouth, cannot stand, wont eat/drink, biting, etc.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes, sometimes it's like they're dreaming about running or something, and they'll move all over the place in their sleep. You can call your vet if you're concerned, though. Dogs are able to have seizures, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• okay great thank you, that puts my mind at ease, we just got her yesterday and shes only 5 1/2 weeks so i was worried that something was wrong with her
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My dogs dream, they bark, whimper, whine, twitch and move their legs.

Try waking the puppy up, if he snaps out of it is is not a seizure, just a puppy dream. Puppies get hiccups too, by the way!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• they are most likely dreaming even my cats would do all of the things u mentioned when they were sleeping. really cute.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010