My living space is boring! I need ideas on making it more lively.

My bedroom has very little color and seems cluttered and cramped. None of my furnature matches but I like it all and don't want to get rid of it. Not that I could afford new furnature anyway, LOL. I also share my room with my 10 month old DS so I don't want the place to look too girly. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could decorate that would tie everything in together? In my room I have a light blue chest of drawers, a blond wood chest of drawers, oak book case, white night stand, white iron headboard and footboard, my sons crib is maple. I was thinking about Americana. I love quilts. Ugh, I don't know where to start!

FroggyFeet

Asked by FroggyFeet at 2:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Paint the walls a dark tan color, and accessorize with colorful pillows. You could also paint an accent color on one wall like a dark blue.

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Good idea paint is cheap and quilts are great. Maybe a log cabin. QVC often has them on sale and so does Ollie's.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• fresh coat of paint in a nice cheery colour, new small rug in front of your bed, a few accent pillows in a bright cheery colour to pop, get some nice candles.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010