Should I allow the friendship to continue?

A friend came over to my place,it had been quite sometime since she visited, so I asked her why the disappearance act?she told that she hubby threaten to divorce her, if she doesn't cut all links with us. but she came anyway, while her hubby was out. (Her hubby and my DH worked with the same organization and come from the same town). They never attended any of our social functions. I recalled some months ago, I went to her house but didn't like her hubby's countenance, that discouraged me from further visits.
I asked my hubby,if there was any problem between them lately? He replied," no " but whenever they met, he always tell him that he's too busy to come around.

joysweet

Asked by joysweet at 2:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd try to find out more info. Is her hubby controlling or abusive?
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• The fact she is defying her hubby tells you she is a great friend, I would allow it, I think this friend will need your friendship a lot more than you will need hers.

Answer by older at 2:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Work colleagues get competitive at work. So sometimes it's best not to get personal with that colleague if that person could possibly be a supervisor one day.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 2:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think she needs the friend to stick by her, don't let her husband make her have no friends.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 2:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Something got up his butt about you and husband. Maybe he is just that controlling. I have a friend who SO is like that. I would hold on to the friendship becaue I agree with older, she will need you!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• tThats tough!! If he treathen divorce for a friendship wow!!! I am wondering if he would get violent with her if she defies him? I had a friend in that same situation what I told her was I will always be here for you no atter what...but i am worried about you and his reaction..i also told her to call me when she could and not to worry about me beign upset but to really evaluate her relationship a partner that doesnt allow contacts with other people is showing signs of abuse....
    TrulyBlessedx8

Answer by TrulyBlessedx8 at 2:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• this is a tough situation but i would be sure to stand by her right now as she definitely needs a friend right now.
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Opps..sorry I misread your post when I posted my first answer. Maybe since both your DHs know each other, maybe there's a secret that your DH knows about hers. Maybe he is so insecure whether or not you know the truth about it. And the only way to keep it contained is to threaten this and that.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 2:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree that this is the first trick of an abusive husband-boyfriend-whatever. I would ask her if he has made her give up her family or other friends. Then explain the steps of abuse-and tell her that you will be there for her if she should need it. If he hasn't made her give anybody else up-then it's a sign that there is more going on between the men than meets the eye. And I would just leave it lie.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I dont get what you are asking?
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 3:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010