Family Insurance

Hi Ladies, I am hoping you all can help me... My employer has decided to drop the health insurance we currently have because it is just getting too costly. I now have to find my own family insurance plan and and I only have till the end of the month to do so. My question to you is how long did the approval of your application to whichever company take? Any tips in finding a good company? I am just stressed that I will have a huge break in coverage, so any feedback will help so much!

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• As long as the break is less than 60 days you are OK. Anymore than that and they can call "preexisting Conditions." Unless you have deep knowledge of insurace, it is hard to figure out what all those terms really means. I would get with my doctor and see if there is one he does NOT take firtst. That might steer you clear of atleast one. Then get with an agent. Goood luck
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:15 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would think him(employer)doing that would be illegal,unless he is going out of business. Other than that,sorry;no clues..can't afford insurance,not sure how we are going to afford the fines.
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 3:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• if you want to give me your state and email i can have an independent health insurance agent contact you. I only do life, so I can't help other than that! lol You can PM the info. =)
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 4:09 AM on Nov. 21, 2010