When your kids watch a new movie, how many times do they watch it?

Meaning, on a daily basis. My daughter received Toy Story 3 for her birthday this week and has watched it at least 3-4 times every single day. When it's over, she wants to watch it again. I think it's awesome that she loves it that much. She's only just turned 4.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 2:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oh my dear gods. Let's see: If they could watch their favorite movies up until the point that either the disc breaks or my computer craps out, they would. Their current favorites (a couple of them were rented) are "How To Train Your Dragon", "The Last Airbender", "Fern Gully", "Monsters Inc.", "Hercules", and "Avatar". Oh, and don't forget "Robots". Every time we get home, they start hounding the hell out of me to watch one of those just named! It's cute as hell, but I get to the point where I am ready to tell them that if I have to watch one of those titles one more time right now, I shall go postal! XD My kids are teh awesomeness! ^_^
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Well my DD is only allowed 1 hr of television a day and on movie night (Friday) she can have two movies - if she wants to watch the same one over I let her but that is it.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 2:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Once, twice, three times a day if I let them. Toy Story 3, How to Train Your Dragon, Wall-E (I HATE THAT MOVIE), and Monsters, Inc are in current rotation here. Obviously I don't let them watch all of those in one day. But believe me, they would have no qualms about it!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my 4 year old is the same way, she'll watch movies over and over again. i was the same way as a kid.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yeah, we watched Toy Story 3 many, many times. My son is almost 8, but he still likes to watch things over and over.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Over and over again it can be very irritating at times.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 2:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My daughter is 3 1/2 and if I let her she'd watch movies all day she would. But if given the choice between Reading books and watching movies all day she'd much rather have me read her books! I think that is how most children would be! It is really more important than most parents think to only allow young children a short period of t.v. time a day. Our daughter is allowed to watch A few short Cartoons in the morning and then a couple episodes of Dora a while before bed.
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• if it is one she REALLY likes she will watch it over and over again for days
    michigan_mom87

Answer by michigan_mom87 at 7:33 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't think they stop!!! Lol! DS watches Avatar at least 2 times a day and it's been a couple of months now!
    Hrtswithddynhvn

Answer by Hrtswithddynhvn at 11:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Over and over. This continues into the tweens.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010