Question about 'The Feingold Diet"

I was just wondering what the difference is in ordering the Feingold Program and just avoiding Additives, Preservatives, Salycilates & buying only Organic and Natural Foods. What does the program give you that you can't do yourself I checked the website and still don't understand what the cost covers exactly. Except for some books. Do these books really have that much information? So if anyone knows can you please let me know since I am very limited on cash and wonder if it is worth the expenditure. Any info is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is a lot of information in the books. Have you checked your public library. Our library has 2 complete sets of the books.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes I have and they only have one cookbook that hasn't been returned. I am going to order the book Dr. Feingold wrote "Why Your Child is Hyperactive". But I was wonder what information is in the books. A basic rundown of what is included so I can decide if it is worth it. I assume there is alot of information but do I really need it or not is what I wanted to know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We have a naturopathic dr for our son, who is autistic. She put him on the Feingold Diet and just simply told us to eat all organic and natural foods. I never even knew there was a program or books, to be honest. So, in my opinion, there is no difference. Just a waste of money.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 4:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Who is your Naturopathic Dr. I tried one who was of no help. He didn't seem to good with kids. But I noticed we both live in the same city so I was just wondering who you used that was good.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• well, it's unfortunate because she moved to california :( She has practice there and does do some help over the phone, but probably not for first time clients. She provided me a list of other drs in town and they all seem to have experience with children when I called, but we haven't been to see any yet. If you feel comfortable to pm me, I will give you their names and numbers.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 12:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010