Would you keep a pair of jeans if they were a really good deal, but...

you needed to lose about 2-3 more inches around the waist to fit into them? I paid about $20 and they were originally about $50. I am intending to lose weight (been trying for 2 years on and off (after finishing breastfeeding)) and have re-initiated exercising after a 3 month hold. Thoughts?

Chocolatespring

Asked by Chocolatespring at 2:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you never wear them, trade them to someone that has a pair you can wear. Or, return them. Or, keep them as a goal. Hang them up and remind yourself of your goal.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• If I own it for more than 6 months and haven't worn it (aside from seasonal or holiday stuff - which I use a yearly rule for) I donate it... Sales and deals are AWESOME, but you aren't really saving anything if you aren't using the stuff, so pass it on.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree, use them as incentive to go for that goal!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Every New Years day I make a trip to Salvation Army. I have a closet system - I hang all my hangers backwards, than, after a year, if the hanger hasn't been turned right, it gets pulled out and donated.
    I have donated many an amazing pair of jeans because I'm just not a 0 anymore, nor will I ever me again.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 2:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yep and I agree ... use them as the incentive
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 2:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't. I've lost 133 lbs & at 1 point on my weight loss journey I bought a dress that was on sale but 1 size too small & I swear it was a jinx. I went like 6 weeks without losing a pound! In disgust I threw it in the goodwill bin & the next week I was down 3 pounds. Ok, I admit I'm superstitious sometimes but... I'm just sayin!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 2:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Do they look good on you even though you can't get them on all the way? Many great deals are just that, great monetary deals but don't really look good when on your body. If I have pants that I think I look good in but don't quite fit, I still wear them but with a belt and a long top. I see that they also sell those waist extensions to help close the gap. If you really love the jeans you can find a way to make them work. If not, then donate or return them for a refund.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would leave the tags on and ebay them, I don't have room for clothes that don't fit.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I have a black velvet dress I really really like. It doesn't fit but I really really like it (get the picture). I've thought about donating it but just can't so am thinking about sewing spandex in the side seams! I wouldn't have thought of it until I was at Target and saw a skirt and some pants made like that!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Make them your goal. Having something to work for makes it a lot easier to lose that weight. No excuses, just a goal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010