if you got into a friends car and they had to take a breathalizer...

..before they could start the car because it was court ordered, would you judge them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• What do you mean by "judge" them? I would think that they had made some really bad choices, and I would be glad that they had the court ordered breathalizer in their car. I might wonder about how good their judgement was in general, or I might wonder if they had a drinking problem. But I wouldn't assume they were a bad person or somehow not worthy of my friendship.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thanks :D
    Anonymous

• no.
    i wouldnt be nervous or anything either bc the breahtalizer wont let them drive if they ahve alcohol in their system, SOoooo i would know they werent drinking lol.
    Anonymous

• Well...i have to get one in my car because my juvenile years weren't the best, im a little nervous about what my "grown up" friends will think lol.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and for the record, my husband and I have small breathalizers on our keychains, and we use them before we drive. We also ask our friends to use them if they've been drinking and plan to drive. I think everyone who drives a car and ever takes a drink should have a personal breathalizer. It is surprisingly (and frighteningly) easy to mistakenly think you are more sober than you actually are.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• bluefrogmama where did you get the keychain breathalizer????
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:14 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Look on amazon.com, or google "breathalizer". There is quite a selection out there. Most of the keychain ones are for novelty purposes, and aren't very reliable. But if you do your homework and spend a bit more, you can find a good one. You can also get really good hand-held ones that you can keep in your glove compartment.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 2:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I want a keychain breathalizer, To the OP I try not to judge anyone for any reason. As long as you are sticking to court orders then I dont see why anyone would judge you for that
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• A little bit. My uncle has one of those because he keeps getting DUI's. But then again, people that have those things are usually trying to better themselves.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I wouldn't judge them but I most likely wouldn't ride in their car. Depending on the results
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008