Have you noticed any "bad" deals at the grocery store lately?

Hubby likes to snack on beef jerky and I was getting him a couple of bags a week.  This week when I went to get it for him the 10oz bags that were $5.72 last week were $10.79 this week!  I can't imagine why something would nearly double in the course of 7 days but it did.  Now I'm looking for beef jerky marinade recipes to make my own.  What is the worst deal you've seen in the grocery store lately?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 3:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ice cream, though it's not quite as "lately". Aside from them no longer making 1/2 gallons of ice cream anymore, the price on those not quite half gallons keeps edging up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think all things are going up. I mean look at the price of milk but to me the main hike to me is bread prices. Plus I think while the departments stores have deals the grocery stores up theirs.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I know this isn't that much but I usually like to buy my bottled water at a store I like going to for a 12pk. is $ 2.44 I go back to buy 2 cases now it's $ 2.77 per case I know the price difference is not that expensive but damn it went up too. :(
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Actually the stores in my area are cheaper then the big discount stores in the minneapolis suburbs, I live 3 hours north of there.
    My daughter is down there and she is always calling me telling me what good sales are at Cub foods and I will tell her that those things are cheaper up here and not that good of a buy.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Hey wheresthewayout--where are you from I am about that far north of the cities too---anyway everything has gone up and there is nothing on sale this week!!! I only by the sales every week and not there is nothing on sale uggggg but here is a bad price--- Pace mild or medium picante sauce-- 30 oz $2.49 I do not think that is much of a sale I can go to walmart and get a big generic bottle for a dollar something, and it tastes almost the same.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 7:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010