If you DON'T have a maid, do you do all the housework in your home?

Or are the duties shared with your spouse/SO? And what about your kids, other than keeping a neat room, do they do chores too?

GumboGirl

Asked by GumboGirl at 3:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My kids clean their rooms and the living room, fold and put away their laundry, and sometimes dishes. I mainly do kitchen, laundry and bathroom. SO helps out alot, especially when I'm having a bad pain day, just so I can relax.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do it all, from top to bottom.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do it all, hubby works hard to provide for us I take care of the home and children.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My husband does most of it. Ssssh don't tell him. .
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do it all. DH does dishes occasionally. My 5yo helps out with setting/cleaning up the table, loading the dishwasher, picking up toys, etc.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am a stay at home mom so I take care of the shopping, bills, cleaning house, cooking dinner, take care of the girls, laundry, take the car in for the oil change. I about do it all.He works and does the garage and yard work. I even most of the time snow so he can get up the driveway. The girls are in school but on weekend they strip their beds and help clean up the dinner table and that is about all. I do not ask them for much since husband does not want to give an allowance. If they did get allowance then they would do more.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do everything including yard work. Kids are grown out of house. DH does nothing around house and never has whether I have been working outside home or not. It works for us.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do our bathroom. The other 2 bathrooms are cleaned by the children because they use them, I don't. The children also clean their own bedrooms, do their own laundry, and help maintain the cleanliness of the common areas of the house - living room, dining room, den.
    I also clean our bedroom, do our laundry, keep the kitchen clean, and make our meals.
    Hubby and the children do the dishes with the help of our dishwasher. He mows the lawn and keeps the house maintained in terms of any repairs.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My hubby and I share the housework, or it would never get done. The kids (3 and 5) pick up their own toys and help me while I am cleaning. We pay someone to do the lawn, hubby has physical limitations and that is part of his exclusive duties, he found someone to do it on the cheap.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• SO does the yardwork but yeah I do EVERYTHING else lol. Not that he feels it's "a woman's job", he's just too lazy
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010