Dinosuar train celebrates Winter Solstice...

They are deorating their nest with ever greens for winter solstice. The shortest day of the year. Wow. A cartoon celebrating Winter Solstice!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• @natalieumphrey Winter Solstice isn't a celebration of any deity. It's secular in origin. It's celebration isn't strictly Wiccan or Pagan or any religion at all. Winter Solstice is not Yule, Saturnalia or Christmas. It's about an astrological event, that the sun is the further's away from the earth. Your information is misinformation which is why I questioned the objection in the first place.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I know, we love this show & I was super excited last year when they did the Solstice show...

AWESOME!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Really? We have not seen that episode, that is interesting..
    Im guessing dinosaurs would NOT celebrate Christmas.. since Christ had not come yet? ... LOL .. so for anyone whos gonna trip out its not about Christ & Christmas, just think about that a minute!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Coolness, my kids love that show.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• That's awesome!! My son loves that show ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• That's cool. We've only seen that show a few times, but it seems to be a pretty good one from what I've seen.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I LOVE dinosaur train!!! But, our tv bulb blew out a month ago so, it's been a while
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I haven't seen that episode, but my kids love that show. Have you seen Little Bear? There are a lot of pagan references in that show (sorry if my terminology is not correct, but I think you KWIM).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My girls watch the show and love it. They sing with it every time. I think their winter solstice show is fairly generic as far as holidays go. They are treating it like it's a stand in for anyone's winter holiday and completely secular and not one drop of religion.

@natalieumphrey, why? I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with it?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:13 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• That is GREAT! My kids LOVE that show!!!
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 9:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010