How do you feel about a birthday party with a sleepover (co-ed)?

I don't reallt know this girl or talked to her mom.....but she is one of my boys age but they are both friends with her.....still don't like the idea and said no to it. Would you let your teenage boys go to this party? The boys said the parents would be there.

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 3:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Not on your life. I would let him go until late. Like pick him up at midnight but not stay the whole night.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't have an issue with it, never has. But I'm not one of those conservative "teens shouldn't have sex" parents either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Nope just because your kids "say" the parents will be there that doesn't always mean they will, or even if they are chances are they won't be fully supervising aside from an occasional pop in.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Absolutely not.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't see the reason for co-ed sleepovers at this age.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree with the first & third posts
    MasonsMommyy

Answer by MasonsMommyy at 3:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My girls got invited to one and she is 9. I did not let her stay over night but just for the party.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Nope, not happening in my house. My daughter wants to have a few select friends over for homemade pizza and movies for her next birthday (16 in Jan.). The girls will be staying the night, the boys will have to be picked up by their parents later in the evening.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Oh, hell no!! And i've said this. I told him he could go to the party, but I would pick him up at 10. Then the kids mother called and said that I was being too strict and that it's not like the kids were going to DO anything. (they were 13 years old BTW). I told her my answer was firm, he could go to the party, but I would pick him up at 10, which I did.
    Well, let me tell you! I was a substitute teacher for the school district where my kids went and you should have HEARD the conversation going on at school on Monday. It was all about who was in who's sleeping bag and who was drinking what after the parents went to bed. When I told the mother of what the talk was about at school, she insisted that nothing like that occurred at the party, that the kids were just talking big in front of the other kids. I asked her if she was down stairs during the night and she said no, she 'just knew'.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would let him attend and pick him up in the evening around 9ish. I would not let him spend the night.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2010