do you believe orbs in photographs are paranormal?

My mom mailed me a few old photographs! I looked closely at one of the entire family during some holiday and I noticed there is an orb next to my aunt and the side the orb is on her face is a bit blurry. I did see my grandfather as a full body apparition when I was 13 (he died when I was a little over 1). Pretty cool stuff! Our family has always been super close and very celebratory during the holidays

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hard to say. Could be dust particles in the lense of the camera.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No it's dust particles being reflected by light. Or light being reflected off the lens itself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Generally? No. CAN they be? yes, but overall just because there is an orb does not mean there is a spirit. Many things including flash back from the camera's own flash, reflections, dust, insects and many many other things can show up as "orbs."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes you can catch an orb/spirit on camera but it if very rare and the majority of photos out there are either dust, moisture, or bugs. Even if it shows motion and that it is going in a direction it is more likely to be an insect than an actually orb. It's very hard to tell a legit with all of the fakes out there even if it is an accidental fake.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes I believe they are but people are quick to chalk it up to "dust or reflections" I believe in the supernatural 100%
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree everyone! Not every single "orb" is a spirit. But do you believe it COULD be?
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Proffessional photographers have already figured out that it's a combination of dust particles, water & light. Some people will argue to the bone that they're ghosts or whatever, Maybe sometimes they are, who knows. But, there is a scientific explanation for those orbs.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Some are, some arent.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Sure it could be, I've had some that were. Some of us are more in tune with the spirits than others. Animals sure are in tune so are children. That had to be great seeing your grandfather.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• actually zbee it freaked me OUT lol But looking back I feel blessed he came to visit
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010