Teens Driving: Our oldest just got his permit and I was a nervous wreck the first time we went in Traffic (he did great). Does it get any easier with the next child?

I feel like I've entered a whole new realm of 'worry'!!!

GumboGirl

Asked by GumboGirl at 3:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• LOL, Not really. Wait until they can drive alone...now THAT'S nerve wracking. Hang in there.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My mom went to crazy town when I started driving....and im the youngest.....But I also think that was because I was learning how to drive a stick....She swore I was going to get into an accident....funny thing is my sister had an automatic and got in an accident and I still have yet to...and I have been driving for 6 years. lol...my sister got in her accident within the first 2 years lol
    Anonymous

• depends on the child

Answer by admckenzie at 4:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It does get a little easier with each child because you know its a frightening prospect. At least here in NC, Driver's Ed is required BEFORE you can get your permit. Good luck! I now have my 3rd of 4 children learning to drive and have less than 2 years before the youngest is eligible for his permit.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Hmm, I am not sure. I only have one kid. I think it depends on how trustworthy & mature he is. My DD goofs off a lot so she would always make me nervous!
    Best of luck, Mama!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 7:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• NO. I have one left the drive. The other older three do. I find myself more a nervous wreck with the youngest one than I did with the older one. Not sure why. I pray a lot...only thing that keeps me sane. I also have them call me the MINUTE they reach their destination. They hated it but it was the only way I could function! Good luck!
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• no it does not get easier it is always nerve wracking
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:49 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I went through this three times, and sorry to say it does not get any better!

Answer by older at 8:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2010