How early do you put out your christmas lights? When do you get a christmas tree?

I'm starting to put mine up, but I won't light them until after thanksgiving, but we don't get a tree until the begining of december

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• I put my outdoor lights out last week, because it was unseasonably warm. I do not light them until December. It was just far easier to put them up before there is snow on the ground.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Nothing for xmas tell December.

Answer by louise2 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We dont have any outside lights =( because we wernt home for christmas last year so we didnt get anything....But our tree is fake so its in a box in the laundry room.....So that will come out and be put up on thanksgiving =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I also use a fake tree so I dont buy them every year. I put it up on Thanksgiving so my whole family can help. Its a very good way to bond, lots of fun and its easier with all of the help from my family.
    EmpathyEve

Answer by EmpathyEve at 3:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We go out to the Christmas Tree Farm the day after Thanksgiving then we come home and decorate it. When we're done we go out and do the outside of the house.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 3:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I came home from work a couple of Mondays' ago and my dear sweet hubby had put up the lights on the house. We won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving. I don't do a real tree because of allergies but I put up our fake tree the day after Thanksgiving
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We always put tree and lights up Saturday after Thanksgiving.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We are planning on decorating the outside of our house this weekend. We put up our tree two weeks ago (we have an artificial tree). We bought all of our Christmas gifts and had nowhere to put them, so my husband decided to put the tree up early so we would have somewhere to put the gifts. So the inside of our house is already decorated and our daughter makes us turn the tree on every single night. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I am going to put my decorations and tree up the first weekend in December. I would do it right after Thanksgiving but I will be at my parents house.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Lights are up week before thanksgiving and turn them on tg night. Tree will be 1st weeknif December we buy 1 real for tradition and put up 2 fake ones in other living rooms
    3lilcoconuts

Answer by 3lilcoconuts at 10:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2010