My 2yr old doesnt have testicles.

When I change my 2yr old sometimes his balls are shriveled up and I feel for testicles and there's nothing there. Sometimes there's 2 and sometimes just one. Is that normal? Should they be going back up into him like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• sounds normal to me, dont have a little boy though but i know they do take time to "drop" completely. if your concerned you should take him to the doctor
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• balls are supposed to drop before they are 1 but sometimes one of them just doesn't drop and other times they have to be surgically dropped before the child is 1
    Anonymous

• Yes, they are supposed to drop on their own and if they haven't they may need to be surgically removed. His doctor should be checking for that at each appointment.
    Anonymous

• Good idea is to ask your soms doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 3:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• sons I meant

Answer by louise2 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• He has a Drs appointment a few days before christmas. Should I make one for sooner than that or can it wait a bit?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• So sometimes you feel them and sometimes you don't? If you have felt them both then they have dropped. They might kinda get sucked back up if he's cold. lol In that case it's normal.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 4:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• his 2 ill take him to the doc i have a three year old and his balls never did that so take him soon and talk to the doc about it
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 4:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think its normal for them to 'hide' when they are cold, maybe try take a look when hes in a warm bath? They tend to hang out when they are warm, so that may work. I have heard of some just not decending, they travel from up by the kidneys before birth, and normaly are out a few months before babys are born, if not sometimes they will have to operate to bring them down.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• We had issues with one of my sons testicles and one of them going back up. How to gage it though the doctor said to look when he was taking a bath and standing. When he lays down (like changing his diaper) they do go back up a little and they are hard to find. So look for them when he is warm and standing and that will give you a better idea if anything is going on.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 5:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010