Have you ever forgotten to turn the oven on?

My sister invited her in-laws (11 people) for Thanksgiving lunch one year and forgot to turn the oven on. The meal was 3 hours late! We never forget to tease her about it ever Thanksgiving!!!!

GumboGirl

Asked by GumboGirl at 3:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Not for a big holiday, but once I made a meatloaf and turned off the oven when I put it in because it was a new oven and I hit the wrong button.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• lol LMBO!!1
    I am a burner. I always burn things under the broiler. :) OPen the windows and everything...
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• LOL I did that just last week but when I went to check on the food and saw it was cold I turned the oven on and still got dinner done on time.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• OMG I don't think I'll let her forget that one...lol either...but yes it's happened to me as well nothing that far out but just the other morning I thought I turned on the iron and walked away this is regular routine for me but the day before I had cleaned everything and unplugged it so the next morning since everything was in it's usual spot I just turn to ON when I came back to iron thought I was gone long enough for it to b hot...It wasn't it was on but UNPLUGGED...aarrgg!!!! it happens.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It makes for great stories!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I don't forget to turn it on, but I ALWAYS forget to turn it off. Hubby's always teasing me about it. He'll remind me 30 times from the time the meal is done till we go to bed "Hey baby, did you turn the oven off?" AHHH ,lol
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 4:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Oh...bless her heart!!! I have never had that happen to me on a holiday, but other general times I have.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 4:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Yes I have forgotten to turn the oven on and even had it happen that I turned the oven on and didn't realize I was out of propane for it to work
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I always forget ti turn it off. Its been on for 2 days before.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Not for a holiday, but yes I totally have for dinner before!
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 8:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010