did any moms eat foods that they say dont eat while prego?

was ur baby born with something wrong with him or her? im just wondering with my first child i got hot dogs ,over easy eggs, ice cream, sandwich meat and lots of cheese and he was born just fine but then at the time i didnt know that stuff was bad for u but this time ive stayed away from all that im just wondering is it true or just a story they tell us??????

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 4:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I ate what I wanted when I was pregnant and both of my daughters came along just fine.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I ate deli meat while I was pregnant and I heard after I ate it you weren't supose too. I was fine with that. Then I drank egg nog while pregnant with baby number 2 they say you can't drink it while pregnant because of the raw eggs, but I drank it anyway because I was fine with the deli meat and ya shouldn't done that I was up all night with diarreha lol. I heard you can't eat hotdogs, but I did.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Deli meat....me too.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No, it's not a story. It's what has been known to cause certain problems. Sure, some people escape problems - but why would I choose to do something that is known to have negative consequences? That's like playing Russian roulette and claiming that because I didn't happen to get shot, playing with a loaded gun is safe.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No nor would I.

I care about my unborn child far to much to be selfish. I don't know where you got the cheese and ice cream thing from because those are fine as long as they are pasturized but these things aren't old wives tales. I know somebody who lost their baby at 5 months because they developed Listeria from the lunch meat.

Just because your baby came out fine doesn't mean you will be as lucky next time or that another mom might be born with a brain damaged baby or lose their baby because of poor choices.
    Anonymous

• i ate most of what i wanted....i craved sushi but never ate it when pregnant. i didn't know anything about the lunch meat, and i ate fish alot...my dd came out just fine.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I eat queso (a soft mexican cheese) during my pregnancy now. I'm pretty sure it's on the list of no-no's.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 4:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No, I would not choose to do something that is known to be harmful. To say "I did what is known harmful and my kids are fine" is like saying "I smoked for 20 years and don't have lung cancer". Just because you haven't suffered the consequences before doesn't mean you won't now, and doesn't mean many others haven't.

If someone tells you "I drove drunk with no consequences", does that REALLY make you think that driving drunk is a good idea?
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 5:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• even though i was and still am allergic to msg in certain ways i still love to eat food that have it in it at times like mexican foods lol!
    jewelbuglover

Answer by jewelbuglover at 6:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010