How to find the right Diet

I want to loose about 100 pounds, a combo of baby weight and my asthma meds has made my metabolism kaput and put extra weight on my body in the last few years. I want to make a life change and loose it all for good.. I am thinking about trying the Mediterranean diet, although I like meat. We generally eat mostly venison since DH and his family are hunters. Have any of you tried this or are living this lifestyle now? what are your experiences?

MamaJasmine

Asked by MamaJasmine at 4:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Trial and error, you got to pick one that you can live with and stick to.

Answer by older at 4:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No white worked for me. No white flour, sugar..... There are tons of great stuff that you can make. I have gone 3 months with no white and have lost 20 lbs. Eating more than I ever have, never hungry. Good luck, as it is not a diet it is a lifestyle change.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree with older. I feel it depends on the individual, not all eating plans work for everyone. I'm one that does not like to follow any kind of plan otherwise I always feel restricted and deprived. I have some helpful information to get you started in a journal post. It is too long to post here, hope it helps:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 4:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• this worked for me: eat smaller portions, eat healthy snacks throughout the day like fruit, drink a lot of water, reduce or cut out red meat altogether, exercise 30 minutes plus a day if you can. I think it's Parenting or Parents magazine that has some great exercises and you can read them online! You can do squats while vacuuming, balance on one leg while washing the dishes, do lunges and sit your baby on the front leg for extra weight, go for long walks around the neighborhood or track....I have reduced my meals, drink a lot of water, exercise and 5 lbs have been shredded in 2 weeks!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My mom did this and loved it. She wasn't tired or grumpy haha! She looks good too...This is all about education, educate yourself and you will be able to accomplish your goal! http://9bec18kkp9kbtvdmlzih4p6tfx.hop.clickbank.net/ (this is the link she sent me, hope it works out)

I myself did not follow any diet plan, but I may not have the best ideas. I have lost about 50 lbs in the past almost 2 years. I ditched my son's dad and got my happiness back, which made me want to get out and do things instead of sit and home and eat and watch tv. I picked up roller derby as a hobby, which quickly became a huge part of my life. This provided me with excercise. By excercising I began to dislike the tastes of food that is not healthy. I would grab some chili cheese fritos(my fave) and open them, and then just look at the chip and almost dread the taste. This caused me to eat better. So get happy,get active,think about what you eat!
    ilovemysilasboo

Answer by ilovemysilasboo at 6:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I know 50 lbs in 2 years doesn't sound like much, but I was not trying to lose weight. I was simply living a happy healthy life and suddenly I realized....OMG!! my extra boobies are only a small A cup now! (my son told me I had 4 boobies) I just changed my life to be happy and part of being happy is being healthy, and if you are healthy you can't help but be happy!! Anyhow, I blah blahed enough...best of luck everyone!
    ilovemysilasboo

Answer by ilovemysilasboo at 6:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I haven't read what the others wrote but......I went to GNC last week and the man that worked there was telling me all this great stuff to try because HE lost 150 lbs. Quick too. He said the very first thing you should do is a total body cleanse. It will jump start you. Then get started on a protein shake. What I do is drink one AS SOON as I wake up and after my workout. Do not go on a diet. Don't think of it as a diet. Think of it as changing into a healthy lifestyle. Just eat the right things and limit your proportions to 6 small meals a day. Try to walk at least 20 minutes a day. It will work wonders. You need cardio AND weight training to lose sufficient amount of body fat. If you do weight training before your walks...it will help you lose body fat quicker. Also you can try CLA with Tonalin (has to say Tonalin or wont work) and you take 2-3 pills per meal. It helps to break down fat. GOOD LUCK!! :) You can do this.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Oh also!!.....DRINK WATER. It helps you lose sooo much weight. How many ounces you drink is ...half your body weight. And a helpful tip...drink 8-16oz of water before every meal. :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• There is nothing such as a perfect diet. it is all about eating the right things, small portions, drinking lots of water, and working out. eat good filling foods and workout even like 30 min a day for 3 days will help you....also breastfeeding really does work. I did it and was skinner than before I got pregnnat haaha!!! Plus it's good for the baby
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 10:36 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Produce and protein.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010