Napping

My baby is having a hard time napping lately. His normal routine is a morning nap, early afternoon nap, and late afternoon nap. It's been getting hard getting him to go to sleep though. I can tell he is tired because he gets cranky. It gets discouraging when I just about have him to sleep and then he pops his head up and looks wide awake. I have an extremely hard time listening to him cry in his crib. The most I will do that is a couple minutes. He is NOT a self soother. I truly envy the moms that are just able to put their babies down in their crib while they are still awake. Is there anything I can do or should I just accept his chosen sleep routine?? Also, we DO have a fan and a noise machine that we have tried and usually does absolutely nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your son? My son went through a short stage like that as well and it was mainly because he was learning new things- rolling over sitting up etc. I have also heard that in a couple different kinds of formulas (if he is formula fed) they have a certain ingredient in them that keep the baby awake.. so if that happens to be the case you may want to look into switching formulas. I know this may sound silly, but its just a thought :) Good luck to you Anon!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• He is 10 months. Just realized that we also have a problem with him just wanting to stand up on the side of his crib and play. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• No problem! Good luck to you!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• maybe your baby is old enough to have only 2 naps per day now. cant really force baby to sleep. so maybe you need to just cut one of the naps out.

my daughter had a morning nap and a late afternoon nap. my baby woke up at 7am. had nap at 10-12. then she had nap again at 4-6. went to bed at 10.
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• That seems to be what he is doing. Thanks for the advice! It is always nice to know I am not the only Mommy out there going through things :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:53 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's all about what stage they are in, they will sleep alot sometimes, then sometimes they will seem not to sleep at all.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010