C sections

how long untill you fealt like a normal person able to do normal things like run and go to the gym?

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 4:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Health

• It didn't take me long. Soon as I had mine, a couple hours later i was walking around. I was back to my normality in about two weeks.
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would say about 2 to three weeks, it was 23 years ago I had one, so I can't remember, but it wasn't that long.

Answer by older at 4:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i had 3 c sections my 2nd 1 was the worst i had infection and had to get my cut reopened and had to have a home nurse come out to do wet 2 dry packing 3 times a day for a few weeks until i healed from the inside out other than that i was up and around a few hours after birth i think i pushed myself a little harder to get better faster
    keedy603

Answer by keedy603 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I think I remember it taking me about 2 weeks to feel "normal" again but I was still cautious about my activities and the lifting for another 2 weeks after that. My aunt pushed her self way too hard and even went back to work at 2 weeks post baby and ended up tearing and getting infections. It was awful! Just seeing that was enough to scar me for life
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• i wondered this too
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I was feeling great! about 2 weeks after mine and I was considered an "older" mom at 35, lol
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• After 2 wks I was back to walking. By 5 weeks I was running a little after my 6 wk checkup I was back to running at a slow pace. It probably took me about another month to get back to my old pace. I was also considered an "older" mom with both of my boys. 36 when I had my 1st and 39 with my second.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:28 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• 2-3 weeks i am getting ready to have c section number 4 so longer for me. my scare is still really sore even when not preg and i have lost some feeling :(
    natalieumphrey

Answer by natalieumphrey at 9:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2010