Is anyone doing "nothing" for Thanksgiving?

I'm cooking, but no one is coming over. All extended family are going to their inlaws, or travelling. So, I'm stuck looking at the same people as always, lol.....how about you?

kjrn79

Asked by kjrn79 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Holidays

• That's what we're doing, too, just me and my husband and our kids. My mom's going out to Phoenix to visit my brother and sister and everyone on my husband's side of the family has other plans. I don't really mind, though, since it'll be relaxing.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 9:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I chose not to travel this year, so we are ordering in from Cracker Barrel and just hanging around. Preparing for my Friday shopping extravaganza.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It's just us this year, we dont have the money to travel and hubby can't get time off work right now anyway so I'm cooking and thats about it.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I love spending time in our unit family.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• that sounds good but I will be having 10 for dinner.
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• going to stay home ith my immediate family
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 1:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We too are alone this Thanksgiving, but I am cooking a "feast" for just the two of us. Since we are traveling for Christmas we decided to stay home for Thanksgiving.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2010

• This will be our first Thanksgiving without my husband, who died in April. We're not traveling for Thanksgiving. I don't want to be surrounded by happy families.
    I bought the turkey and the other groceries. But I just can't imagine even going through the motions. I'll put the bird in the fridge to thaw. If I feel up to it, we'll do Thanksgiving dinner. If not, we won't. But even if we do? We'll be doing pretty much nothing. Certainly nothing like previous Thanksgivings, that's for sure.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2010