Is this Pre Labor or something else?

Hi there, I joined this chat room because I have some questions about pre labor. My stomach keeps getting very tight, but it doesn't do it all the time probably about every 20 minutes or so. My lower abdomen is really hurting me, especially when I move, I have alot of pressure in my pelvic area once again especially when I move, I keep getting this pain on my right side on my lower back right above my butt & I have a yellowish discharge. Is this something that I should call the doctor about, or should I let it go, and see what happens? This is my first pregnancy and I dont want to keep calling the doctor everytime I think there is a problem. Please help me, and tell me what your opinion is!

beca00012

Asked by beca00012 at 5:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you? I would just call them and bug em and let them know what you are experiencing! GL!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• They sound like contractions to me, but you should call the Dr. when they are about 5 to 10 minutes apart consistently.

Answer by older at 5:10 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It is hard to say. My doctor would usually tell me not to call unless my contractions (the tightening) were about 7 minutes apart unless I truly felt like something was wrong. You may not be holding that baby in your arms yet but your mother instincts kick in pretty fast! Go with that. As far as the discharge goes, this could be your mucous plug. If you google images for that and see if it looks like what you have then that just means labor will begin soon! Best of luck!
    BraydonsMama262

Answer by BraydonsMama262 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It could be pre labor, braxton-hicks, or an infection. Get a big glass of water, lay down and put your feet up. If the contractions slow or go away, its braxton-hicks. If they don't get better, call the doctor.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• they r used to 1st time mommies calling them plus it's their job
    MamaSince2005

Answer by MamaSince2005 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I agree, its their job.....you are paying them......you can also fire them. So unless they answer your questions with a smile on their face....you have alternatives. Sounds like the beginning of labor to me.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• It sunds like braxton hicks...But what bothers me is the yellow discharge.....Call your DR
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 6:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2010