how do you know if you have a cyst on your ovary?

any symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Health

• I have a teeny tiny cyst or two in my one ovary.....also my left ovary is slightly larger than the right.

I had a sonogram and then they used to transvaginal wand to check me over.

It's best to get checked out by your GYNO than to think you have a cyst. Though I had horrible pain.....it's best to get seen by your doctor for a correct diagnosis.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:38 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Extreme pain, and a sonogram. It needs to be diagnosed from the inside.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I knew something was up when I would get unusual pain during sex and during ovulation time. It was just out of the norm for me so I had it checked out. Sure enough, thats what it was
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I was in extreme pain and doubled over! It literately felt like someone was pushing a knife in my one side and slowly twisty! I went to the ER immediately!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

Yes! I agree!! My contractions were not even as bad as my cyst that ruptured.

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Pain in the ovary area is a sign of one.

Most women get a small cyst with each ovulation. However, most never know it and the cyst goes away on it's own. Others have much more pain and may even need a doctors' intervention to fix it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 20, 2010