Do it yourself carpet stain removal???

I do not want to hire an expensive carpet cleaning service.... my husband had a pen blow up in his hand and we now have ink stains on the carpet and of course many stains from the kids.... what would be the best carpet cleaning solutions you have used or tried??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The solvent for regular ink is aerosol hairspray, or spray butane (if you have any) --get the stain really wet with whichever you have and blot it well before it dries (use paper towel or rags).

The other great carpet cleaner is vodka. Works on costumes and sports gear, too --just spray it on and let it evaporate. Takes off practically anything (except ink).
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would blot extra ink with clen dry papertowels - I have found laundry spot removed of ink works best dap and blot - keep area wet with cold water until comes up clean. I have the spot bot - love it.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 5:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I found vinegar and water removes many stains, I have also used oxy clean detergent and water for carpet stains.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 5:46 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• hydrogen peroxide...cleans and disinfect...poop, pee, blood, ink, wine, tomato sauce...everything and its super cheap
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• 300 dollars at walmart.... Bissell 2x clean pro, and bissell solution!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010