Formula...

Ok so I need to admit that my husband and I have to get off brand formula for my 9 month old son. But I am willing to switch and just pay the price! Any suggestions on what formula is best to help baby sleep and not get so hungry so often? He usually has the enfamil premium type stuff.

BraydonsMama262

Asked by BraydonsMama262 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is nothing you can feed a baby that will stop him from being hungry again soon.

Just the same way you can't eat on Sunday 'for the week' --he is growing throughout the day and night and using up a lot of calories, with a small digestive system that can only hold so much at a time.

It would be convenient if it were otherwise, but babies need to eat frequently.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I understand. The main problem is sleep. On another question I posted a Mom suggested a different formula. Wasn't sure if anyone has had any luck with a different kind of formula to help with sleep??
    BraydonsMama262

Comment by BraydonsMama262 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• Could you get on WIC? They paid for most of my son's formula. It helped a lot.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I was on it but we make too much for it now. And even when we were, the formula we were allowed to get only lasted for a half a month.
    BraydonsMama262

Comment by BraydonsMama262 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• ive been through this with my son, i fed my rice cereal 30 minutes b4 bed time and he seemed to sleep alot longer in the night
    Queen1985

Answer by Queen1985 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I would try the Walmart brand. We did and it was great. If they are able to eat solids, do that before bed with 1/2 bottle milk. Try the cereal or oatmeal in a bowl, then wash it down with milk.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 5:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• well if he has no health problems then try the 1st that say whole milk and easy to handle! My daughter has health problem so she was on prosobe but it was so good for her development though!
    jewelbuglover

Answer by jewelbuglover at 5:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• My daughter had the same problem. We switched her to the Parent's Choice (walmart brand) with Added Rice Starch and she loved it
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• my son spit up a lot on enfamil but i noticed on gerber good start he was never over hungry and digested things alot easier
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 6:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• What is with people saying wic only provides half a months worth of formula? Everytime I have used wic I have gotten enough milk for a whole month.....
    Anonymous